2006-03-10

Crudsicle #5



Crudsicle #5
Anonymous (Canadian)
Ice, crud, mixed media (really... we don't want to know)
2006


A pretty big thaw has come to the area: the past few days, even nighttime temperatures did not go below freezing.

<Wallace Shawn>Inconceivable!</Wallace Shawn>

That's ridiculously warm weather for the beginning of March for this area. Don't worry--according to the forecast, though, we'll get our butts kicked again in a week or so. But it goes in the catalog of continued-anecdotal-evidence-of-global-warming.

I looked through personals section of the local CraigsList, and saw the following one:

White female looking for Asian or Black men (casual dating) - 30: Athetlicly [sic] built white female, 5'4", blonde, looking for casual dating with guys of Asian or Black heritage. Prefer decent looking and decent shaped guy for general dating fun (nothing serious and sex not necessarily a guarantee, but may be an option!)

First, anyone who dates based on ethnicity like that gives me the willies. Second, I was wondering--am I being paranoid when I read this ad as:

Local race-hatred group looking for potential Black or Asian victim. Must be available for beat-downs and possible maiming or mutilation (not necessarily a guarantee, but may be an option!). Weekend and night availability a plus.

Well, perhaps not too paranoid, considering this article in the local newspaper on a 2001 racially-motivated murder.

1 Comments:

At 1:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm. The Record does *not* want to share its articles with the unwashed/unsubscribed masses.
I dunno about paranoia-- I don't really 'get' the whole race preferences in personal ads myself. Even if it's legit, it smacks of "arm candy wanted" which kinda bugs me on principle ['tute survivor chick perspective: white guys I met who were only into Asian women had 'issues' one way or another]. Between that and careless spelling errors... Just kinda makes me feel uneasy all around.

Generally, I've been losing faith in my species... maybe I'm watching too much CSI and Law & Order...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home