2006-02-19

Not completely lame...

Lately, I've had the feeling of being a little socially isolated as well as lame--i.e., "Ah, Saturday night, time to rent another DVD, or head to a movie by myself." For one, I don't have all that large of a social circle (Dan and Daniel being wonderful exceptions, when they're around). Second, Chief Grad Student (who I often hang out with) is getting increasingly busy: I leave the social ball in his court, given that he has a lot more family/work obligations than I do right now. Third, the people in my group are almost all working from home nowadays, so I head into the office and it's typically empty.

So it was pretty cool when one of my coworkers invited me to join him and a bunch of folks to catch a local flamenco band at a funky club in a part of town that I like a lot.


Coming home around 2 AM, after a bunch of beers and hearing awesome Spanish guitar/flamenco music at a club definitely makes me feel better about my life.

In case you're wondering about the graphic, one of the players had a slick frameless guitar kinda like this one (but not that brand--the tuning pins were at the neck, like a normal guitar, not the base).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home