2006-02-28

I [Don't] Got Rhythm



For those of you following the chest pains I had recently, it seems like the results came back fine. Blood work and x-ray all were negative for heart damage/MI. The one notable thing was that my EKG showed a sinus arrhythmia--it's possibly worth getting checked out, but it likely means nothing: it can be caused by anything from a weekend of heavy drinking (not the case, this time) to nervousness or heavy exercise.

So basically, my heart doesn't have rhythm. Man. Another reason why it sucks being Asian.

For those of you who haven't heard my rants before, it seems that in the soul department, Asians are even more whitebread than white folks. Think about it: how many Asians in the NBA? "Um, we got Yao, and, um..." We don't have game, we don't have rhythm (ok, so we're up there with the Jews in the classical music department), and we don't got soul (yeah.... think about it... "And now, if you'll pleeeease welcome, straight outta Shikoku, Japanese buh-lues singer, Bliiind Lemon Maki!!!" No, I didn't think so either.)

In random other updates, I finished up a draft of the conference paper over this weekend, so I'm now doing the painful editing/incorporating comments/cleanup phase. I think I'll be much happier once it is in, on Friday.

3 Comments:

At 9:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Asians have Seoul at least...

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger Bats said...

Owwwwww.

Oi.

Funk Seoul brother, check it out now.

 
At 11:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah! at least you guys are good at math, eh?

josakana

 

Post a Comment

<< Home