2007-01-20

A Bit of Melancholy


On the way home from the airport, I stopped by the local farmer's market. I've been going there for most of my produce for over a year now--kind of a Saturday ritual, to break myself away from listening to WBUR in the morning, put on a backpack, and either walk, bus, or bike to the market and back.

I realized that this is probably the last time I'll be going there while I live here. There is one more Saturday before I leave, but at that point, I'll be trying to finish off what's left in my fridge and pantry.

Yeah, Arlington's farmer's market is just down the street from where I'll be living. But that's not the point--I guess it's more of a realization that this signals the end of my time here. I'm looking forward to being back in Boston, but I'm definitely going to miss some aspects of this town, and the circle of friends that I've developed here--chief grad student and his wife; my advisor; a few other colleagues; Dan and Daniel; R.--here's hoping I get to come back and visit on a pretty regular basis.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home