2007-01-04

One at a Friggin' Time, Please

I finished off the goddamn report that I have been working on since... geez, I guess since late November. It's both a report for a client, as well as a thesis chapter, so it's good that I got another chunk of work in the can. I'll blog about it in a moment.

Now I have a conference paper to finish by the 15th. Not only that, but I got email from the folks who run the house which is my test site in the Chicago area:

We are converting this home from a model to an occupied home. I would like to have the experiment removed by 1/31/07. If I can provide any information or assistance please let me know.

Crap. I knew this was in the works sometime early this year. But that date puts it pretty squarely in the time I have earmarked to pack my apartment and deal with moving across the border.

I'll see if they have any flexibility in their schedules. If not, I was thinking I might be able to shoehorn in a Chicago trip right before I go to Ithaca late in the week of January 15th, flying in and out of Buffalo again. Ugh.

3 Comments:

At 4:14 PM, Blogger Bats said...

Suckness:

Hi Jofish--

I'm afraid that I might have to bail on Robbie Burns this year. The builders in Chicago don't have much flex in their schedule, and as it is, I have 8 days to pack up my apartment. It feels like it would be pushing it to add a trip to Ithaca in that mix--I'm really bloody annoyed at this.

 
At 10:41 PM, Blogger inkandpen said...

So sad! I hope something can be swung (swang?) so that you can come... or, if not that, that you can visit some time soon.

Don't suppose you could just get someone out there to rip it out for you?

 
At 11:24 PM, Blogger Bats said...

Actually, I'll be visiting Ithaca at the end of the month! I'll be stopping in for the night when I'm doing my final move from Canada to Boston. Sometime during the week of January 29th--hope I'll see you guys!

I actually want to go do the job of ripping out the experiment--I want to retrieve the instrumentation, and it's a useful piece of information to see what the walls look like after 3 years of operation.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home