2006-12-21

Laundry Eit

During this three-week YYZ-BOS-MSP-LGA-YYZ trip, I’ve been lugging loads of stuff on my back (including Christmas gifts); however, periodic laundry is still necessary to stay in clean underwear. So I ran two loads at JMD’s place; as I pulled some clothing out of the dryer, I noticed that it had a distinctly odd smell.

Not a fresh laundry smell… a little bit rank… uh… what’s that still rattling around in the dryer? Oh… looks like a little stone, or maybe… oh, a partially dissolved multivitamin, that I must have left in a pocket. I usually take my vitamins with my other meds, like niacin for cholesterol control (1000 mg twice/day), and, uh…


Aw, crap. Yeah, I guess that smell was a fishy smell. I’m guessing that the pill partially dissolved in the washing machine (it is enteric coated), and then melted and redistributed in the dryer. After two rewashings, my fleece vest only sorta smells like I used it to wrap up a mackerel for a few days. Any advice for odor removal? Lemon juice? Baking soda?

Also--JMD, I hope that dryer doesn't have a fishy odor now.

1 Comments:

At 9:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah as long as i take the stuff out right away, it's okay.
ttfn,
jean

 

Post a Comment

<< Home