2006-12-11

Food Wackiness

Oh no, it's another 'Bats Goes to the Asian Food Store' post.

I know my way around Asian food stores well enough that I seldom run across surprises. But I saw this can on the shelf this weekend... I wondered...



Hmm...



Oh. Yikes.

Now, I occasionally revel in eating bug-like things. Like grilled amaebi (sweet shrimp) head. Or pickled tiny whole shrimp. Or playing Jabba the Hut when eating fried soft shell crab ([crunch crunch] HO HO HO HO HO).

But "Silkworm Pupa Seasoned With Soy Sauce and Sugar" is a bit much for me, thanks. Yeah, I know... wuss.

4 Comments:

At 2:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you really want to know, check out
"Steve, Don't Eat It!"


Along with silk worm pupae, he also tries natto, cuitlacoche, potted meat product, and a bunch of other things that will make your stomach churn, and comments in amusing fashion.

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger Bats said...

Holy crap, that was awesome!

More, Steve, more!

 
At 6:07 PM, Blogger Seppo said...

Eating natto always makes me feel like I'm eating thick, runny snot. Ick.

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger Bats said...

Eating natto always makes me feel like I'm eating thick, runny snot. Ick.

Gwarghaa... natto. Yurgh. Yeah, I wanted to tell my mom, "Well, it's good to know that if the world ever runs out of snot, we have a copious synthetic source." Actually, I wonder if it's ever been used for movie special effects? ("Sir, the walls of the hive are made out of some type of resinous secretion...")

 

Post a Comment

<< Home