2006-12-02

T-Mobile Annoyances

I have been trying to order a new mobile phone over the web for delivery in MA, as I proposed earlier. However, I have been running into problems. I get through most of the transaction, hit the "order" key, and I got the error message "We're sorry, but we are currently unable to process your order online. Please visit one of our retail stores to complete your order."


I tried this on two different browsers (Opera and IE), with the same problem. I wonder if the web page is checking the IP address of the computer that is placing the order, and is noting a mismatch (computer in Canada, and delivered to MA). If so, I'm really annoyed. As friends have pointed out, trying to get a phone set up remotely isn't that unusual of a situation, if you're moving.

So do folks have any guesses if this might be the case? If so, any recommendations on how to use proxy servers etc. to spoof a MA address? Or would you not trust such a system for secure transactions?

2 Comments:

At 3:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It could definitely be the case. I know our shop has such code in it. I would probably call them if you can find a number. Have all the information from the website, and they'll be entering it in the same form most likely, but it might work for them.

 
At 10:16 PM, Blogger Bats said...

It appears that IP address checking was the problem--JMD helped me out by filling out the web forms over the phone, and it went through just fine. BlackBerry Pearl should hopefully be waiting for me when I get to Boston! Woot!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home