2005-12-11

Travel Plans (Holiday schedule)

Yes, I should be tooling for my final on Tuesday. But I just got back from a Christmas party at a friend's house involving a fair amount of beer, wine, and port, so I know I'm not getting anything else useful done tonight.

So I'm heading down to Boston! I'll probably be in town starting the evening of the 14th or so. I am booked up on the 16th and 17th, for my former company's Christmas party. Other than that, I'll probably be heading down to New York to spend the holidays with my folks around December 22nd or 23rd.

Anybody interested in a coffee hour on the 18th? (Sunday). I desperately miss real bagels. Incidentally, I will have my laptop with all my photos on it. If people want copies of various weddings or events, I'd be glad to share--bring a USB key. And if people have prints, I will have my scanner as well.

Of course, a Power Dinner should be scheduled in there somewhere. My priorities for the Boston trip are holiday cards, Christmas shopping, and catching up with local folks.

Also, anyone want to play hookey and go skating on the Frog Pond? I'm bringing my skates.

Step one, however, is to brush the snow off of my car.



Incidentally, if you want to contact me, email is probably the best--I will be paying out-of-country roaming charges for calls to my mobile number.

I am still in the process of putting together my New York and New Year's plans. As I described seeing my parents this summer:

It was good to see them, but it was depressing to realize that by hanging out with them, they can even make a place as interesting and vibrant as New York City dull. But there we were, in my sister’s apartment, watching The Matrix on TBS.

I realize that to make the holidays in New York survivable, I need to make my own plans for keeping myself entertained. Last year it was sitting in my room watching DVDs on my laptop and reading, but I'm hoping to venture out a bit more this year. Anybody interested in seeing whether tickets are still available for the new production of Sweeney Todd? A jaunt I'm planning is to see Gimme Coffee's Williamsburg location--i.e., the Ithaca coffee roasters that Jofish turned me on to. Plus, I've never hung around Billyburg hipster-land--maybe I'll run into Dorothy G.

5 Comments:

At 7:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We'll be on L.I. from 23 to 28 Dec. [And since I expect we won't see you here in K/W before you leave, it might be fun to hang out in NY in some way or another instead.]

[I'm told that the Gimme! location is hard to find, but still, they kick ass...]

 
At 8:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm in Boston as usual, but I will hop on the Fung Wah if it means meeting you.

 
At 12:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No promises about the 18th, but our place is always available for you.

 
At 6:07 PM, Blogger j.ho said...

If folks are willing to trek up to the great white north, we'd love to have y'all over. Plus, Tux is back so you can pet the christmas miracle kitty.
- jen

 
At 12:18 AM, Blogger Bats said...

I'm declaring Coffee Hour for the 18th at Jean's place:

Short form:

Coffee Hour with the Kitties! (Maizy, Beezus, and Clyde)
Sunday, December 18, 11:22 AM
32 Lewis Avenue, Arlington, MA (Jean DeRoo's place)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home