2005-12-14

Grab your things, I’ve come to take you home

The term is now officially done. I took my final exam in concrete class this morning; it went all right. I think I wrote down something reasonably intelligent for most of the questions. It is odd to think that this morning, I probably knew more about concrete than I ever will at any other time in my life.

I'm not quite as elated as I'd have guessed: more tired than anything else--I had a case of 3 AM "I'm out of here tomorrow" insomnia the night before the exam. But it definitely feels nice to be done. But another part of me figures I could have been working harder this term, getting more done on research and thesis (i.e., at the end of the semester, the stress wasn't close to fetal position bad). Oh well. As somebody kindly put it to me, "You shouldn't beat yourself up for doing a reasonable job of advance planning."

Incidentally, I checked my professor's ratings on ratemyprofessors.com. One of the more entertaining quotes was the belief that he is "Possibly an advanced teaching robot sent back from the future." Considering that he managed to get all of our course projects graded and back to us in two weeks, that may be true. I am happy to report that I 0wnz0red the term paper and presentation.

Hit the road at 3 PM, and made it to Ithaca by around 8. Had dinner with Jofish and the lovely Miss Janet.

I am currently sitting on Jofish's couch drinking a beer. We also pulled apart the guts of his piano to do some repairs. A very fine evening, indeed.



"Yeah, lady, it looks like we're going to have to replace the pads and grind the hammers. We'll get it up on the lift by this afternoon..."

An added plus is that he keeps his heat warmer than 55 F/13 C, so I don't have to wear long underwear indoors. I believe that I will sleep well tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home