2007-12-11

Oh, No, Not Memage..

A meme stolen from Jenn and Perlick--some questions I just couldn't resist responding to, so I filled out the whole thing...

1. Elaborate on your default icon.
[Note--on LJ]--it's a photo from my 2005 Alaska trip ("Next on Fox: When Glaciers Attack!").
2. What's your current relationship status?
Pathologically single. ("Yes I'm straight... I'm just incredibly bad at it.")
3. Ever have a near-death experience?
Enh.. almost hit by a car when biking as a teenager... that's about it.
4. Name an obvious quality you have.
Short. Or specifically, short and round.
5. What's the name of the song that's stuck in your head right now?
Jonathan Coulton, Code Monkey
6. Any celeb you would marry?
Terry Gross.
7. Who will cut and paste this first?
Huh.. not sure... c'mon somebody, join in too! AJFBS, where have you been lately?
8. Has anyone ever said you look like a celebrity?
While living in Canada, a few people thought I looked like a young David Suzuki. On the other hand, I'm starting to (ew) grow back hair, so I'm worried I'm going to look like Ron Jeremy, but without the horse schlong (sorry, ew again)
9. Do you wear a watch? What kind?
I normally wear the cheapest digital watch I've ever found on a nylon strap designed for surfers, assuming I'm going to beat the hell out of what I wear. But on nicer occasions, I have a gorgeous Seiko self-winding watch that was a high school graduation present from my aunt.
10. Do you have anything pierced?
Nope.
11. Do you have any tattoos?
No--I'm afraid that James Howard Kunstler has articulated why I probably won't be interested in getting one.
12. Do you like pain?
No, unless it is intense quick pain to relieve slow nagging pain (self-surgery on splinters, removal of ingrown hairs, etc.)
13. Do you like to shop?
No.
14. What was the last thing you paid for with cash?
Lunch with a work colleague, at a nearby cafe.
15. What was the last thing you paid for with your credit card?
C batteries, so I could get home with a functioning bike headlight tonight.
16. Who was the last person you spoke to on the phone?
Paramecium woman!
17. What is on your desktop background?
The Queensboro Bridge at night, shot from Roosevelt Island (the island in the middle of the East River).
18. What is the background on your cell phone?
The lame-ass default image.
19. Do you like redheads?
Yes, but it's not worth it. ;)
20. Do you know any twins?
Yes
21. Do you have any weird relatives?
Oh yeah... my sister... oh, check out this one. She provides good material, at least.
22. What was the last movie you watched?
Michael Clayton--strong recommend.
23. What was the last book you read?
Divorce Your Car! : Ending the Love Affair with the Automobile--thanks Jessie!
24. Is there such a thing as love at first sight, or it is more likely to be "lust at first sight"?
Enh... I'd vote for the latter.
25. What's your favourite book?
Holy cats... hard to answer. Best lame answer might be my Harlan Ellison anthology. (Parody idea: "I have no Nose, and I Must Sneeze.")
26. When was the last time you visited the street where you first lived?
Probably around 2000 or a bit before--Park Slope, near Prospect Park.
27. When was the last time you googled your own name?
Maybe a month ago... just wondering if my real name ends up getting linked to my blog.
28. What was/is your favourite subject at school?
In high school, maybe chemistry or physics.
29. What was/is your least favourite subject at school?
A specific American History class taught by a godawful teacher.
30. Do you like having your photograph taken?
I don't mind too much--I have some good ones, and many horrible ones.. I can deal.
31. What time were you born?
9:18 AM
32. Ever seriously questioned your sanity?
General psychological stability, yes. Outright sanity, probably not.
33. How many phone numbers do you have remembered and can say off the top of your head?
Probably 10... but half of them are from high school.
34. Can you Limbo?
A bit, but it probably looks like one of those battery-operated dancing Santas ("Ho, ho, ho..").
35. Have you ever killed your own dinner?
If lobster or fish count.
36. How long have you been living at your current residence?
312 days (that's Excel plus using JPEG datestamps).
37. What phobias do you have?
Noticeable fear of heights--annoying, given my chosen profession.
38. What's your ideal breakfast?
Coffee, home fries, and corned beef hash with a poached egg on top.
39. Where are you right now?
At the kitchen table.
40. Why do you blog?
One part to keep my friends updated, one part to try to keep them entertained, and one part narcissism.
41. What would you call your autobiography?
Not Much of a Difference.
42. What's the longest time you've stayed out of the country/where?
About two and a half years living in Canada (unless you count all the jaunts back to the US while I was living there).
43. Do you use ICQ, AOL Buddy list etc.?
AIM (GAIM client).
44. Do you have nightmares frequently?
Not that I know of.. used to, when I was younger.
45. If you were another person, would you be friends with you?
Probably. Would be useful for hanging sheets of drywall.
46. Which TV character could you be friends with?
John Munch from Homicide. And I'd probably have a serious crush on Kaylee from Firefly (and then get told that I'm a "really nice guy, but I think of you as a friend," so I figure that counts).
47. What's on your mouse pad?
No mouse pad (optical mouse at home, trackball at work).
48. What is your ring tone?
A lame BlackBerry built-in one.
49. What did you watch on TV last night?
Didn't have time for anything last night.
50. Scary movies or happy endings?

Um, probably happy endings by default. I don't mind gore, but I dislike the jump-out-at-you suspense genre.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home