2007-11-18

Out of Towners

Woo hoo! U-Boat and Christy came to visit from out of town on Saturday night:

Uboat and I will blow through town for less than 24 hours next weekend, and would love to see you!

(We'll be coming in on the 6pm Amtrak from NY, so hopefully this is enough of a time buffer; RSVPs will also enable us to call if the train derails.)


They picked up dinner from India Samraat, and brought it over to tEp.

I made the trek over via Red Line--however, they were doing maintenance from Kendall to Park Street, and were using connecting buses. I decided to just walk it from Kendall--I hadn't been over the Longfellow Bridge by foot in a while. It was a nice opportunity to see whether my new camera could hack for nighttime shots--much better than my old one (would have just been a big blur), but not great:


I got to hang out for a little while telling stories to the undergrads--the usual drooler activity, but hey, they were interested (I actually got two instances of, "Oh you're Batman?!?").


In addition to Christy and U-Boat, other droolers included Linder & Ara, Rugs & Lindsay, Qwidjibo, Rawhide & Terri (and baby Alexander), Sloan, and a bunch of the young'uns. Incidentally, Rawhide pointed out that Alexander actually did drool on the carpet--well on his way to tEpdom, eh?


Christy & U-Boat kindly hung out with me waiting for the #1 bus, so we got to catch up for a while in the night Boston air. Also, one of the undergrads (Tim) took the bus as well--he had just switched from Course XIII to Music (21M), so we geeked out about some music. After a bit of chatting, I asked, "...so, bass or bari?" "Low bass... way low," and started describing the chorus director's pleading for him to stay to hit the low notes. "So you can hit the 'Koyaanisqatsi' note?" "Oh yeah, it's just a low D." Too cool.

Man, I really need to host some random alumni event sometime soon. Well, probably after the holidays.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home