2006-09-02

DorkCo Contest Winner!!

Do you put your laptop on it?

Christy




You got it. Did the Kevlar hint give it away too much?

The next hint I was going to give was, "When I reveal the identity, you will probably say, 'Wow, that's really dorky.'"

The insulation layer alone wouldn't be enough--I'd worry about heat buildup of the laptop. Thus the dimple mat, to provide some ventilation air space below the computer. I was thinking of adhesive to hold the parts together at first, but the temporary rubber bands worked fine.

Anyway, a New York Times cartoon by Harry Campbell about the recent Dell and Apple stories made me laugh:



Suggested caption: A FATAL ERROR HAS OCCURRED

So anyway, Christy, next time I'm in the Bay Area, I'll whip up some dinner at Tortuga. Or alternately, once I'm back in Boston, you guys have an excuse to come visit!

3 Comments:

At 2:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray, dinner with Bats!

Either way sounds awesome. We'll be collecting asap.

Christy

 
At 2:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, Uboat says we're trading dinner in for an Instructable. Could you please put your CoolLap(tm) project on the site?

Note that this will not stop us from visiting you in Boston.

 
At 12:01 AM, Blogger Bats said...

Okay, you guys finally talked me into starting an Instructable account. Man... I could waste immense amounts of time there.

It's up there ("Insulating Laptop Pad"); username is Bats22. Let me know if you think something's broken or not written clearly.

Man.. I'm tempted to post one of my more useful hacks now. Like how to connect a washing machine to a kitchen sink.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home