2006-06-11

Tep Wedding Extended Dance Remix



The wedding that I have been looking forward to for months was this past weekend, and it was as much fun as I had hoped it would be.

The Friday power dinner at Mary Chung's was a big success--my calculated attendance prediction (sigma % chance of attending per attendee), as used by U5 and Rebecca for Thanksgiving dinners, provided a pretty good estimate--41.3 expected, something like 44 people showed up, including random walk-ins. A good time, followed by hanging out and talking at T-Stop and Jessie's.

The wedding itself was a Hawaiian-themed shindig, with the groom in aloha casual. The Hawaiian theme, however, was contrasted by the cold and rain--the weather made it feel like we should have been wearing sodden woolen uniforms and digging trenches for most of the day.

My quick count of the Tep Family Photo is 72 people, which does not include Speedbump and Max. This might possibly be the biggest group photo evah.

Another high point was decorating their car--BirdJen went nuts with decorations, including grass skirt table decorations over the windows, a pinwheel on the front, plastic flamingoes on the back, and running Christmas lights strung around the outside. Of course, to run them, it required a 12 V DC to 120 V AC inverter, which I had handy in the car. I headed up to the car, pulled it out of my pocket, handed it to Jen, and said, "C'mon--all Tech men carry inverters." Actually, this was more true than I realized--U5 has one in his car, as did Guy.



This was followed by hanging out at the hotel, telling stories, laughing, and having a good time. Unfortunately, Chuck, Perlick, and I decided to go one-on-one with a liter of Wild Turkey. It can be argued that we won, but it was definitely a pyrrhic victory. It goes up among my top five worst hangovers.

Anyway, final note--in case you were looking for more photos, I have collected BirdJen, JMD's, and my photos on my laptop hard drive. If we get together, I can transfer them. Also, BirdJen's flickr account has a lot of them up.

5 Comments:

At 11:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

do you have a higher-res version?

josakana

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger Bats said...

Higher res version on the way via email.

Also, U5 has started to put up links to photos that people took on the wiki:

http://deroo.us/twiki/bin/view/Weddings/RebeccaAndJohn/WeddingPictures

I think one of the issues is how to do a mass upload, as opposed to individually uploading them to the wiki.

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger Bats said...

Oh yeah--I have a bunch of them on my laptop--I can offload them when I'm in Ithaca.

 
At 11:02 PM, Blogger Bats said...

waitaminute, you're coming to ithaca? when??

I'm planning on making a stop on my way back from New York to Waterloo; I'm planning on driving up around the last week of June. Since Jofish will be out June 23-28, I'm going to be scheduling around that. Whether before or after that period will depend on how the insulation project at my parents house goes.

 
At 11:30 PM, Blogger j.ho said...

Re: High Res Photos - you can grab high res versions of the photos from the Flickr site Batsy linked to also (including 2 versions of group shot which suckily is a tad blurry).

Re: White Trash Wedding Mobile - as Dolly Parton once said, "It takes a lot of money to look this cheap." I think I spent about $80 on decorations, and sadly today found some hiding under my coffee table. Sadness. A hula dancer and flamingo figurine for the dash were left behind.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home