2008-05-09

Dinner at Mary's

After work today, I wandered over to Nerd World (to pick up an S-video cable and a wireless keyboard/trackball--I'll talk about that toy later).

Walking back through Cambridgeport around 8, I was getting pretty hungry. Huh... where to grab dinner in Central Square?


Yeah. Obviously.

The dun dun noodles and spicy eggplant definitely hit the spot.

Eating alone while reading a magazine, you can't help but overhear the conversations at the other tables, and look around at the other customers. I realized was that if you took any two people in the restaurant and played the Six Degrees of Separation game, you'd probably have a match in two or three steps (and likely through MIT in some way). The conversational rhythms, the Simpsons references, the girl with the bright pink hair--"Yeah, I know these kind of people." It provided a bit of subtle amusement.

1 Comments:

At 7:13 AM, Blogger dan said...

Yeah--when we were there when we stayed with you in November, it was quite stunning just how many people I could name, or almost name, and I've not lived in Boston for almost seven years. Oy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home