2008-04-20

A Few Amusing Pics

Nope, not much real content tonight; just a few pics that I thought I'd share.

This weekend, a few of us went out to Chinatown to celebrate M's birthday; we ended up at Penang (Malaysian food). FYI, they have a pork intestine appetizer that is actually fantastic--it has this great unctuousness, and tastes like the fatty parts of Chinese spare ribs that you know you shouldn't be eating.

Afterwards, we stopped by a Chinese bakery, and I couldn't resist taking pictures of the blowfish cake.


Too cute! As well as the pig cake!



One of my other activities this weekend was working on my car--just vacuuming the interior, now that I'm not going to be tracking pounds of salt and sand in there each time I step in. Also repaired a door gasket and some interior and exterior trim pieces.

Another part of the job was documenting how bad the rust is getting--unfortunately, at 16 years old in a cold climate (1992 Subaru Legacy), the rust is rotting out the front fender and the rear corner panels. I had some repaired at a body shop back in 2004, but problems have come back. Around that time, I discovered that the rust behind the front wheel wells is due to the collection leaves/pine needles/etc. in the cavity.




Swell. I have a compost bin in my car. All that mulch ends up trapping moisture inside the panel, accelerating rust-out. Some quality time with a shop vac dealt with that problem.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home