2008-04-06

Too Damn Much Stuff

The storage space that I had in my company's garage is going away, so I had to find a new place to store my stuff. Fortunately, I have been consolidating my things, getting rid of others (giving furniture to tEp), and moving things into my basement. It's cool to realize that I have reached the stage that everything I own can be moved single-handedly (or at least can be broken down into enough pieces to be moved single-handedly).

But two pallets remained to be stored.


Fortunately, A & Guy have a pretty big basement, and were willing to give up a bit of space for storage. It actually worked out very well--they needed to move some old leftover couches to goodwill, so they rented a trailer:


I showed up to help them load it up, and drop it off in Lowell. After that experience, I have to say that it seems like it would be really useful to get a trailer hitch on my car. Renting a U-Haul 4x8 trailer is something like $15/day--dirt friggin' cheap, and no worries about returning the tank full.

We packed the trailer full of my stuff in Somerville, and headed out. Couldn't resist a shot of taking up the last bit of free space in the box:


And we got it all moved into the basement by early afternoon!


Spent the rest of the day helping them organize the basement, going out to dinner, and hanging out for a round of martinis. A good fun and productive day.

1 Comments:

At 12:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for all of your help! It's like we have a functional basement now, instead of that Mysterious Heap of Stuff At The Bottom of the Stairs.

I went nuts in the tool corner on Sunday, and I found the orbital sander I borrowed from you way back, uh... some embarassingly long time ago...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home