2007-04-22

Granted, It's Probably Not Their First Language...

... but still, you think they'd spell a common Chinese soup correctly:


It just gave me images of "the world's cruelest soup"!

[edit: well, apparently, Wikipedia thinks of this spelling as "commonly written as."]

Interesting... I didn't really think it out, but there are three common meanings within the definition of wanton, according to M-W.com. No wonder I was wondering whether or not I was using it correctly--I have used all three versions, but had never thought about it explicitly.

[Anyway, the menu was from the restaurant where a bunch of us celebrated Marketa's 29th birthday. Happy birthday, Marketa!]

1 Comments:

At 10:43 AM, Blogger Blake Stacey said...

Did you see what the vegetables did to the silk on a Chinese restaurant menu?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home