2007-04-05

A Restaurant Find

Sometimes, serendipity rocks.

After dealing with the Apple emergency purchase trip, it was pretty much lunchtime. I haven't spent much time near the Boston World Trade Center, so I didn't have any nearby "standards." A few doors down from the convention center (but before Anthony's Pier 4) there was a generic seafood restaurant on the docks (pretty unremarkable; ate there last time). Huh... Chinese food next to that. Worth a shot, I guess.


Okay, so you have a decent view of the water, and a nice deck when the weather gets nicer. Whadaya got for food?


Awesome. Salt and pepper shrimp, with shells: unshelled (but deveined) shrimp with light spicy batter (sichuan peppercorns), fried, and served on a bed of lettuce and slivered jalapenos. Seriously tasty. You eat them shells and all, like soft shell crab.

This is actually the first time I've had them--many thanks to Dan, for pointing out this dish! I don't think I would have picked it out without his opinion.

So in case you're down in that area: it's the Eastern Pier II (a review from Hidden Boston here).

1 Comments:

At 6:21 AM, Blogger Jenn Steele said...

Damn; I work RIGHT THERE. Next time give me a buzz, eh? (I'm at the East building of the WTC)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home