2007-04-05

Now that's a bit creepy...

I did an emergency run to the Apple Store at the CambridgeSide Galleria today--a long story; see the f'locked LJ post. But as I was paying for the item, after handing over my credit card, the sales rep asked for ID. I said, "..uh, sure," and showed him my driver's license.

I was then pretty surprised to find my email address on the receipt. Whoah.


Actually, I think the source is pretty obvious. I've never bought any hardware or software from Apple, but I have an account on iTunes, using the credit card I paid with. They didn't match me on my address--I still have my old address on the front of my license.

They even emailed me an PDF of the receipt. Man. Those Apple guys do have their stuff together, don't they?

1 Comments:

At 7:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, the same thing happened to me when I bought my iPod. They had folks checking out with a handheld thing that emailed a receipt, and I gave them my credit card, and they said "we'll email this to nehrlich@alum.mit.edu, right?" and I'm like, "Um, how do you know my email address?" but yeah, iTunes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home