2006-10-17

More OXO Cleaning Product Geekery

So do you remember how I fixed my OXO sponge-on-a-stick with two stainless steel screws? Well, it seems like it was one repair too many: the whole wand assembly broke off in use. Dammit!


Given the difficulty I have had finding these products in Canada, I took a detour during this Boston trip to a Bed Bath and Beyond. Man, they're kinda scary, in that big-box-store does fluffy kitchen & bath accoutrements way. Behold: the Wall of OXO (cue theme music):


I'm happy to report that the replacements work fine. They improved the sponge-to-wand attachment mechanism; it is a tapered dovetail slot, with lots of bearing area on each side. Like they say, it's so not dumb now.


Heh. To Boston and home again, in the framework of kitchen sundries.

1 Comments:

At 8:48 AM, Blogger dan said...

There's some store of this flavour (Linens 'N' Things? Buying 'N' Hating? I always forget) at Fischer-Hallman and Ottawa, and another nearer Westmount and Ottawa.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home