2006-10-04

Is a Day Off Okay?

Just got back from my Georgia trip yesterday afternoon. I'm in a full-blown cold now--coughing, congestion, chills, joint aches. Taking over the counter crap for it. I added up my hours for this seven-day trip; 68 hours including air travel; 55 hours without. I'm pretty wiped out.


The trees are changing colors, and today was a thunderstormy/rainy grey day. I'd actually find quite pretty, if I were in the right state of mind. However, it is a reminder to me of the approach of fall and encroaching deadlines.

No thesis work got done on this trip. Not only am I behind on that, but there's follow-up work from this trip, as well as more work in the project-that-is-not-my-thesis. I have eight days on the ground, then off to Boston for a meeting.

I'm getting worried about whether it is realistic to finish by the December 15th deadline, and playing out the resulting disaster scenarios. I need to leave Canada by the end of January 2007; I can continue to write from Boston or wherever I end up. I think I'll need to pay tuition (at least part time) for another semester, and probably some more extension paperwork. I'm really not looking forward to this.

I took today mostly easy--woke up late, got some work done, took a walk down to the bakery. I think I'll take a day off on Saturday. Off to lab, now.

1 Comments:

At 11:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've been taunting the virus gods for some time now, what with all that flying around amongst the proles. Only one thing will mollify the virus gods when they're angered, and that is a Sabbath.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home