2006-10-01

A Quick Update

Still on the road on a trip for my advisor's consulting company; day 5 of the trip now; flying back on Tuesday. We've been working straight through--pretty bloody tired at this point; 8 hours is a short day when doing field work. Not getting any thesis work done after hours.



This was a pretty sunrise, from the window of the plane at YYZ. It was unfortunate that I had to get up at 4 AM to see it. And then be functional that day.

Some of the tiredness comes from the work itself--after a day standing on a ladder wearing steel toed boots, I really wished that the hotel had a hot tub.

But also, a lot of the tiredness comes from going out to dinner after work, sometimes with the client. Saturday night was an egregious example--I was definitely coming down with a cold at that point. We got to the restaurant at 7:30, and were waiting in the bar having drinks for 45 minutes before somebody even thought about getting appetizers. At this point, I finished my orange juice and bailed to get takeout Indian food.



Actually, it was the perfect antidote for too much socializing: some saag paneer, watching an episode of Good Eats on my laptop, and in bed by 10 PM.

Two more days, then back home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home