2006-03-29

List Goes Up, List Goes Down

Knocked a few things off my list, but dstress/dT is positive now, since we're winding up the term.

As for items off the list: finished grading the quiz for the class I'm TAing, and put together the solution set. That was a nice weight off my back. Literally--it was getting annoying to lug that pile back and forth between home and school.



Another item off my list: went to H&R Block this week; submitted my taxes for completion (both US and Canadian)--but I'm not looking forward to either the H&R Block bill or the IRS bill. I made a fair chunk of money doing consulting last year, so I know that a significant part of that (1/3 to 1/2) will be going away.

Although classes are officially over at my school, I am by no means off the hook for the semester. First of all, there's a final assignment and final exam to grade for my advisor's class.

Second, the conference I've submitted a paper to has the review deadline and the revision deadline within this window. Grr.

Third and most importantly, the class I'm taking in Toronto doesn't wrap up for a few weeks yet: it has a final project and an exam. The professor is an emeritus, so he put all the eggs into those two baskets... yikes. I'm psyched and interested in my project (Retrofitting older masonry wall assemblies with interior insulation, and the hygrothermal effects--see this CMHC website for sample papers), and I'm pretty sure I'll do a good job. The project is an example of why I came to grad school--it is a topic that I've always been interested in, and this project has let me explore it in more rigorous detail. But given that it is due in two weeks, of course I'm stressing about it.

Enh. End of term always sucks. I find it hard to believe that in three weeks, I will have taken all the classes I need for my master's degree. Yikes. Then, on to writing my thesis...

2 Comments:

At 1:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a rough couple of weeks. Good luck, don't forget to eat and sleep, and when it's all over the weather should be nice...

It's warm and sunny out here-- very nice weather for G's folks visit this weekend.

Thanks for the perspective. I have to submit a paper & finish another one by Monday, and I was hoping to get some spring cleaning done before the arrival of the aforementioned visitors this afternoon... I'm pretty stressed, but happy to fold this hand of "Stress Puppy Poker." To help keep my sanity, I brought a bunch of daffodils home. Yay, spring.

Hang in there, baby!
(insert squirrel image here)

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger Bats said...

Hey A--

Thanks for the kind words... they're much appreciated. I need to just convince myself that I can pull this off, like always, without a problem.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home