2007-02-12

22 Hour Party People

This weekend was packed with social activity: I felt like I had been welcomed home by my collective community. It was, in every way, completely wonderful (but also pretty exhausting).

First of all, out-of-towners came to visit: Perlick took the bus up from NYC; also, Jofish and his girlfriend Julie road tripped in from Ithaca. We met on Saturday to have lunch together at Brehznev's--a short hop from the Greyhound terminal where P. arrived. This was followed by tEp Initiation... er, Initialization...

Insert peldge into drive B: for initialization. Initializing. . . . Initialization successful.

I got to hang out with an assortment of alumni who showed up (including Deb Ghosh, with his wife and son!), and met many of the undergrads.


This was followed by partying like rock stars (ok, well, vaguely like rock stars?..) into the wee hours with Perlick, Jofish, Julie, & Indy. Not quite vicious hangover territory, but close.

Sunday was coffee hour at JMD's pla... hey wait, it's my place too now! Woot!


Like most coffee hours, people arrived in various waves, so the socializing pretty much lasted from 11:22 AM through making dinner. Many thanks to all of you who stopped by--it was great to see you!

2 Comments:

At 9:30 AM, Blogger Jenn Steele said...

I am so, so sorry that I completely spaced on the Sunday thing. It probably doesn't make you feel any better to know that I also forgot to do my laundry, huh?

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger Bats said...

Oh hey--no worries; sorry we missed you. I'm sure we'll all see you around!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home