2006-11-08

Fortune Cookie

Here's a particularly unfortunate fortune cookie to append "in bed" to:


Yeah, well, thanks for the comment on my social life, Mr. Fortune Cookie.

That cookie came from the Chinese dinner that Dan, Daniel, and I had before going to see the journalist Seymour Hersh give a talk at the University (U.S. Foreign Policy in the Middle East: The Road from 9/11 to Abu Ghraib to Today). I looked up his Wikipedia bio before going to the talk--I didn't realize that he was the one who broke the My Lai Massacre story (winning him a Pulitzer at age 33). He has been one of the people instrumental in covering the Abu Ghraib prisoner abuse scandal. His talk was fascinating and engaging... I don't have the energy right now to give it a full description, but it was definitely worth seeing.

1 Comments:

At 1:08 AM, Blogger inkandpen said...

Also, did some of the first convincing reporting on Israeli nukes. He's an impressive guy, I think. Look forward to your report on the reporter.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home