2006-08-07

Cabinetry and Birthdays



Bird and Jen have been doing a gut-renovation of the kitchen in their Mando (mansion subdivided into condominiums = Mando) (as in, "I'm Mando Calrissian, the administrator of this Tibanna gas mining operation.") Last time I was in town, I helped reframe the kitchen floor, and install oak strip flooring. This trip, I got to hang kitchen cabinets--to me, that's a fun way to spend a day.

Jen photodocumented the work on her flickr site (latest photos at the bottom); we ran the upper cabinets around the kitchen, which is a job that would be really painful to do solo. I've hung my fair share of kitchen cabinets, but it always takes a bit of refocusing to get the mechanics of shimming/levelling/plumbing cabinets in all three axes, plus alignment relative to each other. I'm pretty happy with how the job came out.

On another note, Jen is a student at UNH (in the nutrition program); she made honor roll last semester. To celebrate, I decided a spoof of the "honor student" bumper stickers was in order. We printed out the sticker below on magnetic backing, for installation on Bird's car:

[Warning: humor in questionable taste follows.]



The weekend wrapped up with a coffee hour at JMD's place. We got to meet Crusher and Cat's baby, Maeve; a very fun time. Many thanks to everyone for coming over--it was great to see you. We were celebrating my (and U5's) birthdays. Incidentally, I'm feeling exceptionally old: with this birthday, women half my age are now legal in all U.S. states.

No, I didn't say that was a good thing. Ick ick ick.

3 Comments:

At 4:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, everybody vote: who thinks it'd be good for Bats to hook up with a girl half his age? *raises hand*

*runs like hell*

 
At 1:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who thiks it'd be good for Perlick to hook up with a 6' blonde volleyball player half Batman's age? *big grin, raised hand*

*skips off in great amusement*

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger Bats said...

Woot! Volleyball player!

Incidentally, 'half my age' = 'born the year I graduated from high school.' Whoah.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home