2006-07-25

A New Record!



A new record for length of time without taking out the trash: 99 days! In case you have not seen my previous post about trash, this is not a sign of extreme slovenliness, extra-large trash bags, serious misapplication of an industrial garbage disposal, or the use of a domesticated black hole. It's just my exercise in seeing how much I can reduce my trash output, through the use of recycling, composting, and throwing out stinky trash (e.g., meat scraps) as soon as they are generated.

However, this record is a bit disingenuous: it includes the month that I spent away on my Boston-Tampa-Fort Myers-Boston-New York-Ithaca trip. Factoring that in, it's only 65 days--about my typical number.

Incidentally, that's not how I normally dress to take out the trash: I just got back from a very nice dinner with my advisor and chief grad student (and respective girlfriend and spouse). They took me out to a local Indonesian/fusion place for an early birthday dinner.

3 Comments:

At 9:43 AM, Blogger dan said...

Happy almost birthday!

Had you eaten at Bhima's before? It's the only local restaurant I can really say is not just ok, but good.

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger Bats said...

Thanks!

Yeah, my reaction after eating there was, "Why the hell hasn't anyone mentioned this restaurant to me before? It's awesome! I'd totally go just for dessert."

 
At 5:21 PM, Blogger dan said...

*sheepish shrug* I dunno.

It's rare that I get dessert there, since the main courses are so huge.

Probably I've never mentioned it since you're living on grad student wages and can't, thus, afford to eat there on your own dime much.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home