2006-07-05

Things that are Important to Me



I recently put up the group wedding photo ("Tep Family Photo") from the latest Tep wedding on my shelf. I just took a moment to pause and reflect, that these are the people important to me, in very happy times. It's a shelf that makes me smile every time I look at it.

In case you're wondering, the weddings are (first shelf, left to right): Julie & Nikho, Josh & Liz, Leper & Elizabeth, Raj & Bindu, Indy & Marketa, Squanto & Beth, Schmooz & Jen, Linder & Ara, Morton & Sarah, Jeff & Karla, (second shelf) U5 & Rebecca, Crusher & Cat. (there are two other photos on the second shelf: me, Psycho Security Guard, and Air Force Guy, and me and Perlick on the fabled road trip to Jen & Schmooz's wedding.

Being an obsessive-compulsive quantifier, I felt a need to figure out who attended weddings in common with me. Out of the even dozen weddings, the count is:
  • Bird: 10
  • U5: 9
  • Perlick: 6
  • Schmooz & Jen: 6
  • JMD: 5
If any of you want any of these group photos, just let me know via email or comments.

Speaking of which, I still want a better copy of the group photo from Probe & Becca's wedding--the only one I have is pretty grainy. It's a magnificent shot--the bride lying across the lap of the front row, and a bunch of Teps in black tie formalwear.

3 Comments:

At 8:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, which picture from the road trip? I can't quite make it out.

Is it only 6 that we've attended together? Gosh, feels like a lot more. Oh, wait, 6 of those 12. That makes more sense. Can you send me copies of the photos from Raj'n'Bindu and Jeff'n'Karla? I think I've got copies of the other four. And if you get a good copy of Probe'n'Becca, let me know.

 
At 8:59 AM, Blogger Bats said...

Dude, which picture from the road trip? I can't quite make it out.

Actually, looking at the photo, I'm wondering when it was taken. We're standing in front of the Bat-O-Wagon, at Bird's parents' house in PA, so I don't think it was our 1994 road trip--we were using your folks' Dodge minivan, right?

So in the photo, I have the Subaru, and you have cut your hair, so it is after 1994. But I still have my klunky glasses and no facial hair, so it is before 1997. What trip was that?

Can you send me copies of the photos from Raj'n'Bindu and Jeff'n'Karla?

You bet; on the way.

 
At 1:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If anybody cares, Bats and I figured out via email that the road trip in question was probably August of 1995, after Julie and Nikho's wedding in Illinois back to Boston for Rush.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home