2006-06-20

I'm a Tree! Please move along.



I don't know if many of you have driven on the Hutchinson River Parkway in New York, but there's this "disguised" cell phone tower along the roadway. It might kinda pass for a tree… from a distance… at night… maybe. Except for the fact that it is two or three times taller than any other tree on the horizon. Oh yeah, really subtle there, guys…

I'm back on suburban Long Island now at my parents' place. I'm feeling creeping boredom in less than 24 hours. As an example, I've been too busy to do any reading so far this entire trip: that trend ended last night. Stuck with a blazing 28.8 kpbs connection that drops to 14.4 at times. Unfortunately, the DVD player on my laptop seems to have lost it, so that kills another way to spend evenings. Time to wander around the aisles of Home Depot for fun.

Well, at least I'm going in to the city tonight to celebrate Perlick's birthday. ("IT'S PERLICK'S BIRTHDAY?!?! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOOOOUU...")

3 Comments:

At 12:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that's an amazing tree. They almost ought to put a big fiberglass dinosaur next to it... OK, yes, my last road trip was in America's heartland:
"Giant Prairie Dog! We have to stop at the Giant Prairie Dog!"
[& I have the pictures to prove it]

Happy Birthday Perlick! (you can legally drink now, right?)

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger j.ho said...

so that kills another way to spend evenings. Time to wander around the aisles of Home Depot for fun.

To pick up some Lavasoap?

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger j.ho said...

PS - AJ - it's not just the Heartland... In Long Island there is a big duck by the side of the road, conviently called The Big Duck. Here's a photo.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home