2006-01-03

Entertaining cats



This is my mom's kitten, being entertained by something I put together in a spot of inspiration while on Long Island.

The wire is a Cat Dancer--a pretty neat, simple cat toy that seems to entertain a lot of cats pretty well. The randomness of the motion of the cardboard rolls on the end is impressive--it does appear to be a bit like an insect or something.

Anyway, the toy comes with a string to tie the wire to something, so the cat can entertain him or herself. However, it didn't seem to be a very effective attachment mechanism. Well, one Handi Clamp later, it can be mounted anywhere you want to distract a cat. (involved drilling a small hole in the handle, and some plier work). Kitty goes totally nuts over it; it's vastly entertaining to both parties.

Incidentally, I realized that most of the places I stayed at on this trip have cats: JMD's (three), Bird and Jen's (four), U5's (one), and my parents' house (one). I wonder, however, whether cats were coming up to me and sniffing me and my stuff dismissively because I had been 'marked' by other cats.

1 Comments:

At 10:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well maizy never dismisses you, beezus only loves me. and clyde dismisses everyone! so don't take it personally. oh and u5's cat dismisses everyone vehemently except her "bitch" and her "bitch"'s man.
ttfn,
jean

 

Post a Comment

<< Home