2005-01-25

Perhaps a bit too cold


As I probably mentioned earlier, I have a penchant for keeping the heat off in my apartment when I am not there (which is most of the day, except when I'm asleep), due to the use of electric radiators (each controlled with its own dial). As my boss has put it, electric resistance heat for houses is a thermodynamic obscenity. I would consider it analogous to building pallets in California, shipping them across the country to the east coast (without using them as pallets), and then breaking them up and burning them as firewood.

Anyway, I was amusing when I picked up my olive oil this evening (see photo). If its not clear from the photo, the oil has fallen below its congealing temperature. According to Cook's Physiomedical Dispensatory (which also has some interesting information about olive oil), that is about 38 F/3 C.

Okay... perhaps I'm keeping my place a bit too cold.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home