2005-01-15

Christmas Hadrosaur?


They just took down the Christmas decorations in Waterloo Park this past week. Yes, this is the path I take on the way to the University every morning that has the llamas that I mentioned.

Over the holidays, they put up a bunch of decorations; I took pictures of a few of them. I found an explanation of the display here:

Waterloo, Ontario – The Wonders of Winter, a Festival of Lights, is held in Waterloo Park showcasing 60 static and animated displays. Owned and operated by eleven service clubs, the Wonders of Winter was started eleven years ago. Continually growing, this year’s festival will feature 100,000 lights. Volunteers, many of whom are retired electrical workers build, install and maintain the displays. Over 70,000 visitors have viewed this sparkling tribute to the WinterLights Celebrations.

Holy cats... these guys have made a whole website about the display.

The yellow reindeer totally makes sense for the season. But the pink rhino and the animated dinosaur eating the palm tree were pretty odd--in a surreal/amusing way. And what's the thing on the left? A bear? A rampant giant sloth? Man... if I ever have a family crest, I think I need a rampant giant sloth.

Rock on--they even have a light-up stegosaurus. Yay! I guess every kid loves dinosaurs. (Well, yes, and I love dinosaurs too. Especially a smiling stegosaur. Some things about nerds that you just can't change.)

I have to admit that the whole display gave me a chuckle on the way home.

2 Comments:

At 12:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really hate the display, but that's because I hate Christmas, and because I hate bad Christmas music, which they insist on playing. (Here is what I had to say about them early last month.)

-dan

 
At 3:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

but i want a rampaging sloth on my crest! harumph
can i have one riding a moose?
ttfn
antee jean

 

Post a Comment

<< Home