2005-01-05

Movies for spare change


One reason my neighborhood in Waterloo is cool is that the local art-house theater, the Princess Cinema, is a seven-minute walk from my door. The photo above demonstrates one cool fact: I can get into the movie with the change in my pocket. OK, admittedly, it's because I bought a membership (bringing the cost down to $6 CAD), and Canada is clever enough to have $1 and $2 coins (loonies and toonies), and I had more change than usual. But it's still cool, compared to paying, say, $10+ in New York City.

Movies I've caught there include DeLovely, The Motorcycle Diaries, Maria Full of Grace, Broadway: The Golden Age, Ghost in the Shell 2, and The Machinist (Christian Bale loses 63 pounds and looks like a walking skeleton). A pretty awesome selection; they've also added two more screens down the street (at the Princess Twin). I'm pretty psyched--hope they can keep up volume to make those screens profitable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home