2004-11-27

Lope to the finish

I would have called this post 'sprint to the finish,' but (1) the mental image of me sprinting is kinda painful, and (2) I think I can pull off the endgame this term without excessive self-mutilation.

Anyway, my flight back stateside is in eight days (next Sunday): before then, I have to finish a 20-page final term project report (on the high tech research that I've been writing about), and a lab report writeup. I am currently finishing data collection: all of my numbers should be in by about Wednesday (and hopefully most of the report should be written; just drop results in).

I'm worried that my data analysis section is likely to be weak. For one thing, it looks like a lot of my results are close, but not quite consistent with published literature. And I've never actually taken a statistics class (what I know has mostly come from this class, actually). However, considering that other people are doing projects that don't result in any data, I'm hoping the prof will cut me some slack--dude, I actually got an experiment up and running, with results.

At this point, it looks like I'll have time to finish and sleep (I hope; knock on wood). However, I think that fate decided things were going too well: the filling in my left lower molar has been acting up something fierce (sensitive to heat/cold/pressure), keeping me up at night. Wondering if it might be root canal time soon (or perhaps Bicon Dental Implants, who underwrite on WBUR, thus succeeding in getting their product name stuck in my head). I have a dentist appointment scheduled for Tuesday, so I'll be able to restrain myself from going after my jaw with a pair of Vise Grips.

I'm seriously looking forward to being done with this term (and to hanging out in Boston). Don't worry if you don't see more posts before I get to Boston--I'll be a tad busy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home