2010-06-05

PSA #2: Ten Year Old Bailey's

Here's my second public service announcement: it involved an evening of trying to fix a drink for my girlfriend, and unfortunate discoveries at the back of my liquor cabinet...

Sarah was over on Friday night, and I suggested that I prepare some drinks. However, no limes in the fridge... so no margaritas, daquaris, or gin & tonics. No sour mix... no whiskey sours. No mint... so no mint juleps, or mojitos. Grr. We went online to go recipe hunting.

"How about Bailey's Irish Cream?"

"Sure... I should have a bottle in my cabinet somewhere..."

[online searching]

"Looks like an Irish Cream Special should work--milk, Bailey's, and ice" (why yes, when I speak, I do include hypertext links, actually).

"Sold!"

However, when I dug out the Bailey's, I realized... huh... 2000, eh?


Hrm... seemed like there was a bit of a plug in the neck of the bottle.

[shake shake shake]


Eeeewwwww.

The sad thing was that it still smelled yummy. But I wasn't planning on pouring... erm... smearing it over ice.

Yeah, it turns out that Bailey's isn't something that you want to cellar. Thought y'all ought to know that.

1 Comments:

At 2:50 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey whatsup bro, I have found a Carolans which is 10 years old (8 years from date expire) But it's still in "water" form, do you thing I can drink it? Is it safe??
Please let me know, thanx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home