2010-02-24

Current Status: Still Friggin' Wrecked

I am still stuck at home with the flu. This friggin' sucks. Today makes 11 days of illness. Grr.


And it's not like I'm having a good time taking sick days off. I get to watch a few movies--including Empire Strikes Back with the commentary track, Moon, Watchmen, and catch up on some TV shows--finished watching PBS's Ascent of Money online, as well as a few episodes of NOVA (including one on experiments in reviving the 1918 Pandemic strain).

Also made some progress on my taxes.

But the only thing keeping me vertical is constant doses of Advil and cough syrup.

Also, nothing says, "I'm sick" like waking up covered in that whole-body film of sweat while coughing and shivering.

The other day, I woke up with a headache so crushing/implod-ey that my first reaction, while staring at the ceiling, was to say out loud:

1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10

The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.

February 22nd, 2010

Okay, language centers check out; I'm not having a stroke


However, no sign of secondary infection so far (which is the classic reason why flu extends out over time--when you start seeing interesting-colored phlegm, that indicates a secondary/opportunistic baceterial infection).

2 Comments:

At 5:06 AM, Blogger dan said...

Oh, ick. That sounds truly horrid. Get well soon!

 
At 11:15 PM, Blogger j4 said...

I'm visualizing the germs and exploding them with my mind. That's the best I can do. Hope you feel better asap.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home