2010-02-17

Surprises for the Stupid Holiday

Just a quick update on last weekend--a bit of an event; it's the first time I've spent the stupid holiday (a.k.a. Valentine's Day) in a non-single state.

So wow... it involved buying chocolate and roses for my sweetie! Yikes!


It worked out all right... I didn't feel like I was completely a victim of the romance-industrial complex. For instance, S.'s card for me had absolutely no pink on it! Woot! Thumbs up.

Also, bought flowers from JMD--seemed like the right thing to do:


Anyway, the evening wrapped up with dinner at Prose, which I have described before. Some highlights included Roast prime rib of beef with thyme-garlic marrow and house-made spicy kim chi, a cheese platter (including raw milk cow and goat cheeses, and a super-stinky blue), and Red Velvet cake with vanilla bean-cream cheese frosting. I know I've said that Prose has a reputation of sometimes being hit and miss--but this was definitely a very enjoyable dinner.

Overall, a nice weekend with my sweetie. Hey--it works for me.


Anyway, as a further random update, it seems like I've caught a nasty cough/cold/flu or something--achey and tired since Saturday, fever over 101 F at times, and just feeling generally wrecked. Took Monday as a sick day. Last night, I ended up passing out with the lights on and my glasses on, after uncontrollably shivering myself asleep. Yeah, heading to the doctor tomorrow, but fully expecting a reply of, "Yep, it's the flu... get some rest and plenty of fluids."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home