2009-11-12

Travel Coinciences: Schtick!

Today's work travels were a miserable and highly objectionable 5:20 AM BOS-CVG flight, which necessitated a 3:30 AM wakeup. Why did I think that was a good idea?

However, while I was waiting for the rental car shuttle with my colleague, I heard somebody next to me say, "K.???". I looked up.

"Derek?!?!?"

No way! Gave him a great big hug. Schtick just happened to be traveling through Cincinnati at the same moment, dressed in classic business casual blue blazer/tan slacks, on his way to a meeting.


[Note: photo of him from Facebook; I did not have the presence of mind to snap a shot, but he looks about like this nowadays.]

He was on a final day or two of travel for a long trip, bouncing all over the place. He even passed through Boston during part of that (and stopped by the haus, I think).

Anyway... a pretty cool coincidence... although a clear sign that I am traveling for business far too much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home