2008-07-08

Another Delightful Ithaca Weekend

Over the long July 4th weekend, Jofish threw a party (at Perlick’s instigation), and a few of us (including Perlick, Indy, and a friend of Caitlin's who lives in Boston) road tripped out to Ithaca. It was an absolutely perfect long weekend—a road trip with two others out and back, a party in Jofish’s back yard, a visit to Ithaca Farmer’s Market, lounging around a pool for an afternoon, drinks at Felicia’s Atomic Lounge, brunch at Hal’s, coffee at Gimme, and a batch of postcards in the mail. Not much commentary in this post--but it was great seeing everyone there!

The backyard shindig went on from, oh, 2 PMish to 2 AM or so. Ask Jofish about his beer sling. He's quite proud of it.


Despite many trips to Ithaca, I've never actually gone to their Farmer's Market. All good--perfect weather for it.


On the way to the market--a tandem recumbent! Cool!


A pool party that afternoon at a Friend of Jofish's (because, well, he just knows people):


The canonical Ithaca visit always ends with brunch before hitting the road. The only question is: DeWitt or Hal's.


Followed by hanging out in the park, drinking coffee, and writing postcards.


I left this trip feeling a little bit wistful--Ithaca has been a refuge that I've escaped to for a while--between grad school semesters, on trips back and forth from Waterloo to Boston. However, Jofish is leaving in November, and many others of that group are leaving within a year or two. Being in graduate school kinda makes that happen, eh?

1 Comments:

At 11:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still claim that it's all Chuck's fault - she was the one that invited me for the July 4th weekend. I know that can't compete with the story that I invited myself and "made" Jofish have a party ("Ow, stop twisting my arm, ow!"), so maybe I should just submit to the zeitgeist.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home