2008-02-17

Weather Delays

I did not relish the idea of travelling today during freezing rain storms at YKF. Dan and I checked flight information before we left the house--the outbound (DTW-YKF) leg of my flight was actually airborne, so I thought that was a promising sign.

After a white-knuckle skidding drive, Dan dropped me off at the airport. I breezed through checkin and security, and started reading while waiting for the flight.



Around the time the flight was supposed to be leaving, a gate agent announced that the flight was cancelled--the outbound leg got to the airspace over YKF, but didn't attempt a landing (not sure if the diverted or just went back). I rebooked for tomorrow--there is another flight today, but I'm not sure I wanted to stay at an airport for four more hours, in the hopes that the weather improves enough for the flight to come in.

I caught a cab back to Dan's, and he made a lovely lunch (tuna melts with a mesclun salad). I guess there's some upside.

Off to meet with my former advisor to talk about work projects!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home