2006-05-06

Google Calendar



Following the prompting of some friends, I have set up a Google Calendar for myself, and have pressed some of my colleagues to do the same. So far, I have been very impressed and happy with the technology and interface design. I have long thought that this really needs to be (and should be) a solved problem: I looked through my email archives, and saw that I was asking my company's IT guy back in February of 2003:

One simple item would be a web-accessible calendar, to coordinate all of our respective schedules. Ideally, people should be able to log in (password, whatever), add items to their schedule, and see what other schedules are. It is my understanding that some versions of MS Project can do this. The ability to plot out availability of personnel with Gant Charts (or similar) would be ideal.

It looks like it will be a big help to the distributed office that I used to work for, if they can manage the technology (seems obvious to me, but...) This will hopefully be a case of Google dominating the field with good technology.

So if you want to add me to your calendar, my address is my Tep nickname (the four letter version) followed by the cosmic number [at] gmail [dot] com. My understanding is that you need to have a gmail account, with a calendar set up, to view or share calendars.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home