2006-05-03

Wedding RSVP

I just RSVP'd to a wedding I was invited to--the couple was a bit worried about how long it would take to get my invitation up to Canada, so I thought I would confirm that it had arrived. This got me thinking of creative formats for this email...

Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 11:52:47 -0400
To: -----@----.com
From: Batman
Subject: Your Batazon.com Invitation has Arrived

Greetings from Batazon.com.

We thought you'd like to know that we received your wedding invitation, and that an RSVP is enclosed.

You can track the status of this wedding online at

http://---.--/twiki/bin/view.cgi/Weddings/RsvpForm

There you can:
* See who else is coming
* And who is just breathing hard
* Check out wedding events
* Find maps
* Plan a land war in Asia
* And do much more

The following wedding is RSVPed by Batazon.com:
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Qty Item Invited Attending Subtotal
---------------------------------------------------------------------
1 XXXX and XXXXXXX's Wedding 1 1 1

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do not reply to this message unless you're really bored at work.

Thank you for inviting us.

4 Comments:

At 9:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

d'oh. I'd forgotten to RSVP! Thanks for reminding me, Bats!

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger Bats said...

Since some of my readers are invited to this wedding and would like the geekiness of this method, you can RSVP via the Wiki.

 
At 11:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What this means, Bats, is that you are not supporting your local bookstore!

[I know, I know, it's not just books...]

 
At 12:59 AM, Blogger dan said...

Wouldn't his local bookstore be competing with batazon.ca?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home