2009-05-17

GenderAnalyzer

Some of you might find this amusing--via Tappan's blog--Genderanalyzer:

We created Genderanalyzer out of curiosity and fun. It uses Artificial Intelligence to determine if a homepage is written by a man or woman. Behind the scene, a text classifier hosted over at uClassify.com has been trained on 11000 blogs written by men and women. In our lab it seems to works pretty well, we want to see how it performs on the web!

Fair enough, I was curious enough to try it out on my blog--the website determined:

We guess http://bats22.blogspot.com/ is written by a man (52%), however it's quite gender neutral.

Interesting, huh. You can provide feedback on whether it was right or not--based on that, the batting average is:


As for my gender-ambiguous blog results, perhaps my emphasis on infrastructure dorkery is tempered by the fact that I use the word 'lovely' too often? Perhaps I should write more posts that include the words, "penis penis penis penis penis penis!!!"

Um, yeah. Probably not.

5 Comments:

At 12:33 AM, Anonymous Perlick said...

"We guess http://nehrlich.com/blog is written by a man (56%), however it's quite gender neutral."

Huh. I wonder what I could do to be more manly. I guess I should write about pro football more :)

 
At 9:04 AM, Anonymous MikeP said...

I'm apparently 71% MAN.

Maybe you talk about clothes too much, bats.

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger Bats said...

Maybe you talk about clothes too much, bats.Heh! Good point :)

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger Jenn Steele said...

Well, it's better this time--last time I tried this I was 85% man or something:

We guess http://leadinggeeks.blogspot.com is written by a woman (56%), however it's quite gender neutral.

:)
Jenn

 
At 9:30 AM, Blogger j4 said...

Damn, jforbess.org was 66% female. I'm losing my gender-ambiguous touch.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home