2009-03-19

The Ultimate Man-Cave Accoutrement

Apologies for being non-posty as of late--yikes, about three weeks! A combination of work-slammage and actually being social for the past week (more about that later).

Anyway, JMD and I went up to New Hampshire this past weekend to visit Bird & Jen... so yeah, while the girls spent the day dyeing some yarn, Bird and I fulfilled our gender stereotypes and went to Lowe's. As we were browsing, I saw the Most Ridiculous Tool Chest Ever.


First of all, it's a ridiculous stainless steel rolling tool chest that's taller than I am. Really--here's the web listing. It looks like I could probably sleep in the top compartment. But wait, are those speakers up top? Why yes... there's a built in CD/radio/Aux input:


Not over the top enough for you? How about a mini-fridge?


Yeah, it's just the thing for your man-cave. Totally ridiculous. Just the thing to make your fellow tribesmen grunt in agreement as you assert your alpha-male-ness. Alternately, I have visions of guys in a circle around it, warily eyeing it like the apes in 2001 crouching at the Monolith ("...aaaaand cue Zarathustra...aaand cut to throwing pipe wrench into the sky...")

I know you're reacting, "...and yeah, Bats, you want it." Well, actually, probably not. I think it would be more my speed to rig something up from a salvaged car stereo, a 12 V transformer, and random trashed speakers. And also, I hope I'll never be lazy enough that heading into the house to grab some water is that much of a chore.

Anyway, Bird and I did more than just waste time there... we actually grabbed the parts to add a ball valve drain port to his water heater--one of my recommendations to extend water heater tank lifespan.


A few scary moments as we swapped out the valve ("Um... is this thing about to dump 50 gallons of scalding water on us?"), but the job was successful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home