2004-08-25

Camping in my living room

I'm standing in my living room with my laptop writing this entry. Wow... when you remove all the carpeting and furniture from a room, it's really echo-ey. All the boxes are gone; I'm leaving my hand-me-down sofabed behind. The fishtank is purring away in the corner; have a few things left in my room. But of course, I didn't pack up my wireless hub/router--there are some essentials a person really can't do without. Man cannot live on dialup alone.

Anyway, with the few things I have left, cooking and eating has become an interesting but entertaining challenge. Although my entire kitchen is packed up (including the sexy new knives I got as a going-away present--Shun six-piece set--another story), I have my camping cooking set. So it means that in the morning, the camping cup gets used for orange juice, then cereal, then coffee.

I am working on the "fridge points bonus round"--finishing off the stuff in my pantry in new and creative ways. Yesterday's lunch was leftover onions and peppers sauteed (in my folding-handle fry pan) with Parks breakfast sausage on a pita, topped with Chinese chili garlic sauce. Not too bad, actually. Now what am I going to do with capers, cocktail sauce, ramen noodles, and veggie pucks?

I'm a bit worried about whether my roommate will have anything left in the kitchen after I leave. When I take off, he won't have enough things to eat a bowl of cereal or heat up soup (unless, of course, he opens the lid, removes the label, and fires it up on the stovetop in the can). Well... Kitchen Etc is having a going out of business sale, at least.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home